Be Ready For The Airlines In 1 Year and Save Money

Sep 24, 2019

What is the difference between most aviation degree programs and American Winds?

Which is the better way to train?

At many University Aviation Programs, you pay $150,000 for a Bachelors Degree with a Commercial SEL/MEL rating. And then maybe a CFI rating, it can depend… bottom line is 4 years of schooling and hired by an airline with 1,000 hours.

At AWCA (American Winds), you pay approximately $75,000 for an Associate Degree with a Commercial SEL/MEL rating and you also receive a CFI rating …. bottom line is 1 year and hired by an airline with 1,250 hours.

The airlines do not care what aviation degree you have, they care about your flight training and experience.

Both are FAA certificates….Why go the traditional route and get a bachelors, when you can get hired by the airlines without it in a fraction of the time. If you want a bachelors degree we have a wonderful partnership with Walsh University. Their aviation management degree is done in 2.5 years. Fly at American Winds and get your classes at Walsh. A match made in heaven.

Come spend a year training with us, and you will be well on your way to a career as an airline pilot.

Get more details about our Associate Degree Programs here.

About American Winds

Since 2002, American Winds has been helping Future Captains find their wings in Ohio’s skies. As an FAA-certified Flight School and fully accredited College of Aeronautics, we offer programs and training for a variety of career paths – including flying for the major airlines and freight carriers – as well as certification for flight instructors and private pilots. Founder and Chief Flight Instructor Denise Hobart and her team take great pride in providing the best individualized training and instruction in a safe, professional environment. How can we help your pilot dreams take flight today?

Find your wings at American Winds

Want to get your career cleared for takeoff? Gain altitude and groundspeed at American Winds – and feel your future take flight!

Related Articles